Monday, May 21, 2007

Shedding

In a few hours I'll be on a plane from BWI to Philadelphia for my staging event. Perhaps I can win "shortest distance travelled and probably should have taken a train/bus". It is during this time that I will meet my fellow trainees and attempt to make a good impression, but I will likely spend more time trying to not lock myself in the hotel bathroom. Maybe I'll luck out and some of my vaccinations interact to produce hallucinations, making this a bit easier.

Kenya's cultural attitudes and customs do not consider body piercings to be appropriate or acceptable, so I removed my nose ring to ease my integration into the new community (now if I could just do something about my pale skin...) I took a photo as a token of the piece of metal that has been lodged in my face for several years. I sort of miss it, my mother does not.

3 comments:

Stop Vegetarianism Now said...

Tell all of your fellow PCT's that we said hello. It's okay if you make some new friends in the 27 months you'll be gone. Just make sure that we get you back in good shape, and preferably still with skin.

Peter lucas said...

I will second Seth's commments....

Scary Mary Z said...

woohoo! and it begins...can't wait to hear more...about the gay skirt maybe? The Mare Jordans miss you.